What is it?¶
Membarr is a fork of Invitarr that invites discord users to Plex and Jellyfin. You can also automate this bot to invite discord users to a media server once a certain role is given to a user or the user can also be added manually.
- Ability to invite users to Plex and Jellyfin from discord
- Fully automatic invites using roles
- Ability to kick users from plex if they leave the discord server or if their role is taken away.
- Ability to view the database in discord and to edit it.
1. Create Discord bot¶
- Create the Discord server that your users will get member roles or use an existing discord that you can assign roles from.
- Log into the Discord Developer Portal and click 'New Application'
- Add a short description and an icon for the bot. Save changes. (Optional)
- Go to Bot section in the side menu.
- Uncheck 'Public Bot' under Authorization Flow
- Check all 3 boxes under Privileged Gateway Intents: Presence Intent, Server Members Intent, and Message Content Intent. Save changes.
- Copy the token under the username or reset it to copy. This is the token used in the docker image.
- Go to OAuth2 section in the side menu, then click URL Generator.
- Under Scopes, check bot and applications.commands.
- Copy the Generated URL and paste into your browser and add it to your discord server from Step 1.
- The bot will come online after the docker container is running with the correct Bot Token.
sb install sandbox-membarr
3. Set up Plex parameters¶
When you install the role, it will create 2 files, an
app.db file and
config.ini. You will need to edit the
config.ini file with your preferred editing program. (ie
vim etc) Add your Plex credentials like so:
[bot_envs] plex_user = plex_pass = plex_server_name = ServerFriendlyName plex_roles = plex_token = token plex_base_url = https://plex.domain.tld plex_enabled = True
Now restart the Membarr container
docker restart membarr.
To get the Plex token, you will run the following command:
sb install plex_auth_token
Look for the Display Plex Auth Token task in the log.